Standard Yorkshire Software Terms and Conditions
In this document, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following
1. A ‘Project’ is the design, development and installation of the Client’s Website / Application
2. A ‘Client’ is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by
Yorkshire Software Ltd.
3. In Production means the date the Website / Application is available on the Client’s chosen
domain and final payment has been made by the client. To Yorkshire software ltd
4. A ‘Domain’is the Website / Application URL as specified by the Client.
5. ‘Hosting’ is an annual cost to keep a clients Website / Application activated online on the
World Wide Web.
6. ‘Data’ all is text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations
and other material featured, displayed or used in the Client’s Website / Application.
Yorkshire Software Ltd Terms & Conditions
1. The contract between Yorkshire Software Ltd and the Client will be on these conditions for
development of Website / Application , For software development projects please refer to
our Standard Yorkshire Software Terms and Conditions of Business for software
2. The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the Yorkshire Software Quotation email /
3. Email will be the preferred method of contact with regard to all communication. Although
Yorkshire Software Ltd can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of
communication and therefore it is the Client's responsibility to inform us of any change in
email address so we always have up to date email contact details. Yorkshire Software can not
be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email
address. Yorkshire Software will acknowledge all emails within 3 working days.
4. Yorkshire Software Ltd will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non
refundable, 25% deposit of the quoted Project fee from the Client. The final 75% payment is
to be made on completion of the Website / Application. The Website / Application will be
switched to Production once the Clients remaining balance is paid in full.
5. The deposit paid to Yorkshire Software Ltd covers the cost of design work carried out as well
as any admin work. The deposit is non refundable.
6. The client will check that the Website / Application/idea/business will operate legally. It is
important that the Website / Application is not in any way illegal. Before instructing Yorkshire
software to start the project
7. It is important for the Client to keep in contact with Yorkshire Software Ltd throughout the
entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for 2 weeks we will make up to 5 attempts to
contact the client by Telephone And / or Email using the email address / Telephone specified
when the client places their order. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of
contact the Project may be terminated, any costs incurred by the client as a result of this will
be the responsibility of the client, and the deposit will not be refunded.
8. Where imagery is used on the Website / Application have been purchased by Yorkshire
Software Ltd on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the Website /
Application only. Yorkshire Software Ltd are not liable for misuse of these images by the
Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other
9. Yorkshire Software Ltd will host the Website / Application if the Client requires us to do so and
on receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees. In doing so, Yorkshire Software Ltd will
endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not
guarantee that the Website / Application Hosting will be available at all times, especially
in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
10. All standard hosting offered by Yorkshire Software is limited to 100 megabytes of Website /
Application space unless otherwise stated in a separate contract. If your site requires more
than 100 megabytes of space we will advise of other hosting solutions and then cease hosting
11. Yorkshire Software Ltd cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the
Client's business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service
offered by Yorkshire Software Ltd
12. Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, Yorkshire Software Ltd do
not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
13. Yorkshire Software Ltd does not take any responsibility for a clients Website / Application
rank on search engines. This also includes any potential Website / Application downtime that
can occur. When updating, changing, creating and hosting a client’s Website / Application,
there could be a change in the Website / Applications search engine ranking.
14. Yorkshire Software Ltd will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project
(live on the internet) if requested. Yorkshire Software Ltd will endeavour to meet any given
deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this
date. The expected completion date provided by any employee of Yorkshire Software Ltd is
purely an estimate.
15. Yorkshire Software Ltd owns all design and code of the Website. Excluded from this are
the images that have been supplied by the Client. Images purchased by Yorkshire Software
are licensed only for use on the client Website / Application and are limited to no more than
15 images dependent on the size of the project.
16. The Website / Application site should not be used by the client for daily trading ie in
production until Yorkshire Software Ltd has deemed it to be in production and as such are not
to be held responsible for any losses incurred if this advice is ignored
17. All images displayed on the Client's Website / Application will only be used after authorisation
by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright.
Should any legal issues or claims arise from the data or copyright of any images supplied by
the Client or Yorkshire Software Ltd, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
18. It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name
expires, Yorkshire Software Ltd can not be held liable for this.
19. Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the
date the Website / Application was made in production. The Hosting will not be renewed if
Yorkshire Software Ltd cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for Yorkshire Software
Ltd to not host this site. Whilst renewal is on an annual basis, a pay monthly option may be
available. Please advise us in writing should you wish to make monthly payments.
20. The Hosting charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. Yorkshire
Software Ltd reserve the right to deactivate any Website / Application where the Hosting
has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an admin fee set by
Yorkshire Software Ltd for reactivating the Website / Application/Hosting.
21. It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their SSL Certs when due. If a SSL expires,
Yorkshire Software Ltd can not be held liable for this.
22. The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date.
Yorkshire Software Ltd reserve the right to deactivate any Website / Application where the
Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an admin
fee set by Yorkshire Software Ltd for reactivating the Website / Application/Hosting.
23. If the Client does not use Yorkshire Software Ltd Hosting services, then the management
Hosting are the full responsibility of the Client.
24. Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from Yorkshire Software Ltd or transfer a Domain
name away from Yorkshire Software Ltd, a £50 admin charge will be issued, which must be
paid before the transfer takes place.
25. Yorkshire Software Ltd has no control of, or responsibility for, the data of Clients’ Website /
Applications. In no way does the textual or image based Data of our Client's web sites
constitute Yorkshire Software Ltd endorsement, or approval of the Website / Application or
the material contained within the Website / Application. Yorkshire Software Ltd has not
verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client's web sites and
is not responsible for the data or performance of these sites or for the Client's transactions
with them. Yorkshire Software Ltd provides links or references to our Client's Website /
Applications solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it
provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point
to the intended Client site at all times.
26. Yorkshire Software shall place a small text link on the footer of a Clients Website / Application
that simply states the Website / Application was designed by Yorkshire Software and links to
our company Website / Application.
27. Yorkshire Software Ltd is not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information
stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client's Website / Application. The Client
is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its Website / Application.
28. Yorkshire Software Ltd makes no claims that the data of this Website / Application may be
lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this Website /
Application may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this Website /
Application is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the
visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The
terms and conditions of this Website / Application are governed by the laws of England and
Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this Website / Application’s Data shall
lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is
found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision
shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which
shall remain in full force and effect.
29. Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual software rights including, but not limited
to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the
manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
30. The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the
Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we
provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of
information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
Yorkshire software ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site
resulting from causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment
failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal
restrictions and censorship.
31. To the maximum extent permitted by law Yorkshire software ltd accepts no liability for any
direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect,
consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site developed
or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and
its Content at their own risk.
32. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly
with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of
these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be
deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and
enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within
jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
33. Our GDPR and Privacy are regularly reviewed in order to ensure they meet
regulatory guidelines. Please refer to our website in order to read these in full.